You're Florida Keys Adventure Starts Now!
It’s tough trying to decide which part of the Florida keys to explore first. The Keys have four areas to choose from. Key Largo and Islamorada in the upper Keys. Marathon in the middle Keys. Big Pine and Sugarloaf in the lower Keys. And Key West is the end of the road.
With each area having its own special charm, you’re going to have a great time no matter where you spend your Florida Keys Vacation.
The drive down the Overseas Highway is about 130 miles long. You’ll cross 42 bridges between the mainland and Key West. Just look out the window at that aquamarine water. It’s lit up like there are lights underneath. Makes me think I’m driving thru a Florida Keys picture.
Did you notice the fish jumping as you cross the bridges? And did a Pelican happen to fly along with you at eye level while crossing the bridges? What did you think about all those Cormorants hanging out on the wires and standing on the old lobster traps out on the flats?
That’s just some of the natural beauty that is here. I haven’t even gotten
to the endless past times that as a local, I get to enjoy all year long.
Whether it’s land, sea or air, you’ll never run out of things to do while in the Florida Keys.
We have Parasailing and Helicopter rides. Or you can go boating, fishing, or diving. And finish up with shopping, walking the beach, bicycling or doing the Duval Crawl.
With the sun shining more than 300 days each year, I can’t think of a better place to be than the Florida Keys.
Because the Keys are so different, I know a vacation is difficult to plan. In this web site I will try to write my own adventures to help you better enjoy your short stay with us.
* My favorite Island - that would be Summerland Key.
* Fish Stories - trolling is my favorite way to catch fish.
* Diving adventures - out front and in the back country.
* Resorts and Hotels - some of these are hidden away.
* Restaurants - with fresh local seafood.
* Car rentals - what’s your style, convertible?
* Other means of transportation - once you get here.
* Nite Life - lots of live entertainment.
* The best day trip - Dry Tortugas National Park.
* The best night trip - Take the Ferry to Fort Myers and spend the night.
* The beaches - we dredge them from the ocean.
* Our beautiful State Parks - visit one for the day.
* Flipper - did you swim with the Dolphin yet?
* Turtles - we have a hospital for them.
* Birds - they too have a Doctor and recovery area.
* Bridge fishing - this takes a very long gaff.
* Tours - which kind, take your pick.
* And lots more stuff.
I can’t help but laugh at myself. I grew up in Tennessee. I can remember hearing about sharks attacking people and hurricanes heading right for the Keys. I would think to myself, that’s two things I’ll never have to worry about.
Who Knew? I never thought I would end up living in the Florida Keys.
- Florida Keys Blog
- The Keys Blog will keep you up-to-date with all additions and changes to N-The-Florida-Keys.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- When planning your Florida Keys travel think about arriving by boat
- Florida Keys Travel can be the first exciting part of your Florida Keys Vacation
- Car Rental or Egg shaped electric cars, for getting around in the Florida Keys
- For traveling up and down and around the Florida Keys, car rental are just one of your choices
- From Luxury Resorts to Great Hotels, the Florida Keys has them all
- Florida Keys Resorts and Hotels have grown to become one of the worlds most popular vacation destination
- Eating at any Florida Keys restaurants guarantees you great tastes
- It seems the Florida Keys Restaurants have an atmosphere that adds to your eating pleasure
- Florida Keys | Dive Site | List
- This dive site list has GPS Coordinates for all the popular spots in the Florida Keys
- The Florida Keys has the best Diving and Snorkeling in North America
- Diving and Snorkeling are the only way to see the underwater world of the Florida Keys that is very alive and beautiful
- Need to find a dive shop in the Florida Keys? Here's the list
- Just about every Florida Keys dive shop is a full service dive center
- Dive equipment | Florida Keys| eBay Auctions
- eBay auctions are a sure place to find dive equipment for diving in the Florida Keys
- Are you ready for some great Florida Keys Fishing?
- Here's a couple of unbelievable Florida Keys Fishing Trips
- Fishing gear | eBay live auctions
- Get fishing gear on eBay for your Florida Keys fishing trip
- Looking for a Charter Fishing Guide in the Florida Keys?
- The Charter Fishing Guides in the Florida Keys are specialized fishermen
- Fresh Seafood anytime is a bonus for the locals in the Florida Keys
- Fresh Seafood, tuna, lobster shrimp or fish are just a boat ride away in the Florida Keys
- There's times when you need a Florida Keys Map
- You told me you needed a Florida Keys Map and here it is
- Key Largo is the Welcome Mat for the Florida Keys
- Key Largo begins your adventure in the Florida Keys but Islamorada has the most entertainment
- Marathon Key in the Middle of the Florida Keys has many hidden surprises
- When you reach Marathon Key, you can walk, touch and see Florida Keys Past
- The Lower Keys has Looe Key Reef, Florida Keys best dive site
- Trust me, in the Lower Keys part of the Florida Keys you'll have to schedule time to rest
- Key West is the End of the Road in the Florida Keys
- You're not gonna find a place like Key West in the Florida Keys, daytime and nite time craziness
- The Dry Tortugas National Park gets fewer visitors of all the Florida Keys
- The Dry Tortugas could be the best part of a Florida Keys Vacation
- Florida Keys style Sea Cruise to Fort Myers Beach
- The Key West Ferry takes you from the Florida Keys to Fort Myers Beach and back
- This is one of my adventures while I was in the Florida Keys
- Florida Keys adventures shared on my website for all to read!
- Great Weather is what the Florida Keys is all about
- You get over 300 days a year of sunshing, thats Florida Keys Weather
- The History of the Florida Keys may surprise you
- Indians, Pirates, Navy, Gays and Lesbians are all part of the Florida Keys History
- Looking for a Golf Course in the Florida Keys? We have three
- Golf thru tropical foliage and wildlife, the Florida Keys may surprise you with their challenging courses
- You can find more than one Full Service Marina in each part of the Florida Keys
- From a Full Service Marina to Mega-Yacht Boat Slips, we have them here in the Florida Keys
- boating while in the Florida Keys could be your best day here
- boating in the Florida Keys is not as difficult as you may think
- We have a bounty of beautiful Campgrounds in the Florida Keys
- Many of the Campgrounds in the Florida Keys are almost as luxurious as our big Resorts
- Annual Events in the Florida Keys are known for shutting down the streets
- Annual events Florida Keys style always include great island food, drink, live music and fun!
- A movie theater is a good place to be on a rainy day in the Florida Keys
- If you're looking for a movie or stage play, you'll need to go to a Theater in the Florida Keys
- Talk To Me in the Florida Keys
- Form to fill out to Talk To Me in the Florida Keys
- If you want a coconut from the Florida Keys just let me know
- If you want a coconut form the Florida Keys you're in the right place
- Links to Friends of N The Florida Keys
- The following are our Links to Friends who are located all over the World. Each of our Links to Partners is a site that has been approved and qualified to offer genuine information to our readers.
- Sitemap for N The Florida Keys
- Sitemap, a list of webpages for N The Florida Keys
- N The Florida Keys SiteSearch gives you the Web from this site
- The Florida Keys SiteSearch page allows you to search the entire Web