This is a List of the State Parks in the Florida Keys
This list started out as a list of our State Parks. I was almost finished when I remembered that we have two National Parks in the Florida Key as well. So I included them here and hope you get to visit all of them.
* DAGNEY JOHNSON KEY LARGO HAMMOCK BOTANICAL STATE PARK, MM 106 Key Largo, one half mile down CR 905, bayside, 305-451-1202
* JOHN PENNEKAMP CORAL REEF STATE PARK, MM 102.5, Key Largo, oceanside, 305-451-1202
* WINDLEY KEY FOSSIL REEF GEOLOGICAL STATE PARK, MM 85.5, Islamorada, bayside, 305-664-2540
* INDIAN KEY HISTORIC STATE PARK, MM 78.5, Islamorada, oceanside, 30-664-2540. This one is accessible by boat only.
* LIGNUM VITAE KEY BOTANICAL STATE PARK, MM 78.5, Islamorada, bayside, 305-664-2540. This one is also accessible by boat only.
* SAN PEDRO UNDERWATER ARCHAEOLOGICAL PRESERVE STATE PARK, it’s located in 18' of water about 1.25 nautical miles south of Indian Key. The GPS coordinates are 24 degrees 51.802'N and 080 degrees 40.795'W. Phone 305-664-2540. Need I mention it’s accessible only by boat?
* LONG KEY STATE PARK, MM 67.5, 67400 Overseas Hwy., Long Key, oceanside, 305-664-4815
* CURRY HAMMOCK STATE PARK, MM 56.2, Little Crawl Key and Marathon, it’s on both sides of the road beginning at Little Crawl Key, 305-289-2690
* BAHIA HONDA STATE PARK, MM 37, Bahia Honda, oceanside and bayside, 305-872-2353
* FORT ZACHARY TAYLOR HISTORIC STATE PARK, MM 0, it’s located at the end of Southard Street on Truman Annex in Key West, 305-292-6713
* DRY TORTUGAS NATIONAL PARK, 70 miles west of Key West. It accessible by boat or seaplane, 305-242-7700
* EVERGLADES NATIONAL PARK, west of Florida City and the waters of Florida Bay, it’s accessible by land and boat. 305-242-7700. Click here
for a map to help you get there by automobile. And click here
to see a chart with the boundaries of the park outlined.
That’s it. I don’t think there’s any other County in any other State in the USA that has as many State and National Parks as Monroe County and the Florida Keys.
Return from List of State Parks to Campgrounds
Return from State Parks to N The Florida Keys